With the onset of October, we are moving forward with our 2020 Campaign to continue to recruit new members to the CBSA RA and to encourage our CHARTER YEAR members to renew their memberships for 2020 now.
This campaign has two focuses:
- For any NEW APPLICATIONS received by the CBSA RA from October 1st onward, we will consider your dues to be paid in full for the remainder of 2019 and for all 2020. Dues remain $25.00 for this coming year. Your acknowledgement of acceptance will include this information.
- For new applications received after December 31, 2019 the membership will be for the entire 2020 year.
- In keeping with standard practice of many organizations, there is no pro-rating of dues at any time during the year.
- Membership is open to all retirees of CBSA or its legacy agencies that no longer exist and to those within 12 months of their retirement. Details on joining can be found by scrolling down this page or by clicking on the Membership tab on the toolbar.
- For CURRENT MEMBERS of the CBSA RA – our CHARTER YEAR members – we would like to encourage you to pay your 2020 dues no later than January 31, 2020. The CBSA RA is asking for your 2020 remittance by then so that we may judge the viability of the CBSA RA moving forward. CBSA RA dues remain $25.00 for 2020.
- To renew your membership for 2020, send us your cheque at the address listed at the bottom of this page, or send us an email at the email address listed at the bottom of this page and we’ll email you details on how you can pay your 2020 dues by Interac e-Transfer. Be sure to indicate your name and membership number.
NOTE: If there is insufficient subscription by our current membership and from new members by January 31, 2020, the RA may be forced to fold, as we will not be in a financial position to continue to pay for the website, postal box, banking fees and other related administrative costs.
We are aware that many retirees leave Canada for warmer climates anywhere from November onward, and we would like your attention to this matter before you leave. If you wait until your return in April/May, we may not have survived!
Here’s to hoping you and the CBSA RA have a successful 2020!